Saturday 7 February 2015

Now that I'm back, things can start again

Ahh, finally settling in back on the Island. I must say I am very happy to home closer to my kids my family and friends, closer to a medical team that understands me. It's been such a busy few weeks to say the least!

First of all I want to thank everyone for all the information that is being sent to me. I've run in with the problem that some people believe I am not taking the information seriously. For that I want to make things a little more clear on my end. Since sharing my video I have been flooded with messages, questions and support. It's taken hours just to get through my inbox some days. I am taking all of the information you guys are providing seriously, I am doing my research aswell as mentioning it to my medical team here back on the island. For a while it may have seemed as if I wasn't taking any steps, let me explain. I was packing up my life, I had my referals sent from Prince George back to the island. I had to wait until they contacted me with the appointments to be able to start the ball rolling again. I was packing up and moving. In those few weeks of packing and getting on the bus and waiting for my appointments to start up again I could not take any more steps. Unfortunately the system takes a long time, the paper work, the waiting lists and so much more. It's a complicated ordeal, it does not just happen at the snap of your fingers and it does not happen over night. Otherwise I would not have reached out to the public for help. I have had a lot of people say that I should be able to attend the woodstones residence, the problem with that is my health and BMI isn't up to what they want it to be at when you go into the centre. I would need to go into a hospital to stabilize before going into Woodstones. Which is very unfortunate. I wish more than anything I could just wake up tomorrow and know that I could go to a treatment center. That is not the case. It takes time. Paper work, patience and money. Another thing is the funded program in BC at woodstones is not Free. It costs Approx $31 a day, and you still have to be able to have the things you need to live. You need to be able to up hold the place you have if you aren't living with family or roommates. I will still have bills when I go into treatment. Just wanted to clarify that for anyone who's saying that their is funded programs in BC. Now that I am back on the island and have had my first appointment things are starting to move along again, referals are being sent out, they are going to push to get me into hospital to stabilize for either WestWind or if I am able to get into the other one in BC at Woodstones. Unfortunately Woodstones has a ridiculous waiting list and I would have to get up to their criteria to be able to reside there for my recovery. As I have said before I will accept any treatment I can get. All the gofundme money is going towards treatment and if their is anything left afterwards it will also go towards my recovery. Any money raised through gofundme or any other donations is for my treatment and recovery. Recovery isn't just going into treatment and coming out, it's before treatment during treatment and your entire life after treatment. Recovery takes years sometimes an entire life time. I can't predict my future and I cannot tell you exactly what is going to happen. The team in nanaimo seems to be taking me a lot more seriously ever since the exposure I got after posting my video online. That makes me happy, I feel like thing will get moving now because I am being taken more seriously. My counsellors here in nanaimo take the severity of my anorexia seriously and that is something I am grateful for. I will update you all as I learn more from my team and from the treatment centers. I can't answer questions that I am also in the unknown about. I do my best to answer questions and to post the information I think is necessary for the people donating and following my story. I hope that I can get into hospital to stabilize sooner than later.

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all your support messages comments donations and anything else! The support is outstanding and I cannot even bring to words what I feel about all of this! It's truly helped me a lot having so much support and so many people that are willing to listen and talk with me when I'm struggling! I cannot thank you enough!! Truly means the world to me!

1 comment:

  1. That's the problem with eating disorders. People think it's an easy fix and that there's places you can just jump into when that's not the case. I, too, get this everyday. Last night I got told hurtful things by a girl I thought supported me. Some people can recover quickly where as others it takes a long time! Don't let people get you down and always know if you need someone to talk to (that understands) or need to vent message me! I admire your strength through this journey and just tell yourself " I am doing my best and it's good enough" 💕😊

    ReplyDelete