Saturday 14 February 2015

and the ball starts rolling.... back up to healthy

Moving back to Nanaimo has been wonderful. It sure has been busy since I left Prince George. From TV News interviews, Radio Interviews, Newspaper Interviews, becoming a World Empowerment Artist, Starting a journey not only for myself but for thousands of people to look at and learn from, Being back with my daughter at my mothers house, visiting with my son more often, Starting my appointments with the team that I came to trust before I moved away... Its been hectic to say the least. Although its been a busy road this past few weeks I am so incredibly grateful that I decided to do this. It has opened me up to new ways of recovery. Changed my perspective on a lot more than just eating disorders. This journey has helped me start to spread my wings, I may not have them all the way out and I may not be quite ready to fly yet. I am most certainly on the right track. First I had an appointment with my main counselor, she decided to bring in the counselor I speak with at the walk in counselling so that they would be on the same page! That was wonderful I feel as if Mental Health is taking me more seriously since the exposure online and on TV. We made a plan which I am very happy about. I have made an appointment with my Family Doctor. which isnt until the 19th. They got me in as soon as they could. Like I have said many times before, it all takes time. Then I got a referal sent so I can get the same eating disorder psychiatrist that I had before I moved which is good because I felt comfortable with him. I will also be hearing from the dietician next week and will start weekly appointments with her to help me stay on track. Thursday, I started a group therapy I guess you could call it. It is three days a week and two hours long. It still scares me even though I have gone once already, although I think it will be really good for my recovery. Four days ago I vowed to my self that every day I would try really really hard to eat six mini meals. I feel like I have done pretty good so far. The re feeding process as they call it is pretty scary and anxiety ridden. It causes a lot of discomfort and pain. I also have to be extremely careful that  I do not eat to much because that can cause even more medical issues. I didnt really understand what anyone meant by that until I had actually eaten six meals in a day and I got a tight pulling feeling from my lower belly that went up into my chest, I get a stabbing feeling up my spine, through my legs and back into my back again. this is a constant ordeal every single day. My knees and legs tend to lock up most when going up stairs. The other day my left knee decided it just wasn't going to unbend for five minutes... Are you kidding me body? cut me some slack im trying to nourish you! I seriously feel like every time I turn around its time to eat again. My alarm goes off every hour on the hour and I have to eat within half an hour at the max an hour. Cannot go three hours during the day without having a mini meal or a snack. I feel like this is ridiculous to uphold, even though I know its for the best. I feel like I eat more than most and I probably do... which is a good thing. During eating disorder re feeding you will be eating alot more than others because you are trying to get your body back up to healthy. I hate the words "Weight  Restored". So instead Im going to use back up to healthy. For me its sounds a lot less intimidating. 


With all of this self/out patient recovery I have a lot less time to write blog posts ( sad face )
For every day updates or to follow my story more throughly than you can add my recovery facebook account by searching the name Jennifer Doucette on facebook or missjenniferdoucettesjourney on Instagram ! 

I just want to say how much I appreciate all of you who come back and read my blog or are here reading it for the first time Your support means the world to me and youve help me get this much closer to healthy and recovered, mentally and physically! 

YOU ARE A HUGE PART OF MY JOURNEY AND I COULDNT DO THIS WITHOUT YOU



No comments:

Post a Comment