Friday 17 April 2015

Here comes the run around...

Disability has been investigating my account with them since a phone call was made stating I was receiving unearned income from a television show. They have come up with a "solution" or so they say. They've said I can claim the gofundme donations as unearned income. If I was to claim the money they would then put a debt on my disability account of $5220, because I received donations through gofundme for my treatment at the WestWind facility in Manitoba. When they put the debt onto my account an amount of $20 or more a month will be taken off my disability cheque. They are with holding information. I am currently working to get in touch with a citizen advocacy personal aswell as an ombudsman and the MLA aswell. I feel out raged that disability is going to make me pay back all the donations that were given by the public for my mental health.

I have provided my bank statements, all paperwork from WestWind for admission, I have provided a three page letter explaining the situation, every donation that went into my account, notes from mental health and more. 
They are pulling and pushing me through hoops, it's causing stress, anxiety and many more mental health issues. I am trying to better my life, my health and my mental state so that I can get off of disability and work for my own income. The reason I reached out to the public is because I wasn't getting anywhere with the government funding programs and now when I can and have the money to go they are going to turn around and make me pay it all back? 
These were donations from the public for me to go to treatment to recover from my eating disorder, they were not donations for me to live off of as an income. They are not to pay my rent or bills, the donations are completely for treatment, post treatment and getting in preparation for treatment. 


I feel cheated by our government!

No comments:

Post a Comment