Saturday 31 January 2015

our parents lives before us....

have you ever actually sat down and considered what your parents have dealt with?
I mean weve been around in their lives since we were born, what about before we were born? What did they go through? what kind of life did they have, have they been through anything like what we are going through? do we even consider this?

I know I sure havent. That changed today.. Today I spent five and a half hours at a Visions Board Workshop called "The Art Of Allowing" with my mom. I learned some things about my mom that I had never even imagined in her life. I learned that my mom hasnt got to dream since she became a mom. My mom has since the day my brother was first born put her children first, in every aspect of life. Today I learned that although my mother and I have had our battles, I am incredibly grateful that she is my mother. I got insight into my mothers dreams and passions. do you know how
incredible that felt to hear my mom talk about something in life she would love to go after? I hope you do know because as hard as Ive tried I cannot put that feeling into words. I got to not think about my own self and my own life and actually listen to my mom and what shes always dreamed of. I got to hear some of what happened before she became a mom. It made me feel selfish because I have never taken the time to actually even wonder about my moms life before me. I mean Ive heard
stories and seen pictures. I hadnt honestly thought about the things she went through as a little girl, a youth and a young women. Ive never considered the things that brought her to becoming a parent. Today I got to see a little piece  of that and it really opened up my eyes and my heart. Ive struggled alot because of some of the things my mom and I have gone through have caused me some resentment and has caused a strain on our relationship. Today a lot of that resentment
went away, I dont look at my mother the same way I did seven hours ago. I see a strong, independant incredible woman. Who gave me life, who gave me hope, who is now showing me to dream and to go after what I belive in. My mom is a rock star. She not only raised me and my brother whole heartly but she has also helped raised my son and is raising my daughter.
I also want to add how incredible of a job shes doing. My mom is inspiring, she accepted a problem in her life grabbed it by the horns and took control again. My mom puts everyone before her own self. She is the most forgiving person I know.


After all the things I have put my family through, mom took the shit end of the stick to be perfectly honest. She got the anger, the frusteration, the blame, the tears, the heartbreak, all of it. She got the physical side of my rage, she got the worst of it. I look back and am disgusted at what ive put my mother through, especially after today.


Today I learned to have some gratitude for everything my mom has gone through in life, because without her there would be no me. I am grateful for today and for the time I got to spend with my mother. Something I hope we can do more of.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had an amazing afternoon....I was in my thirties before I started having those kind of understandings about my mom so I hope you will find full recovery much faster than I did, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was very eye opening not just about my mother but about my inner self aswell, will post about that next week sometime :)

    ReplyDelete